Total online: 1
|Main » 2012 » October » 25 » SimGuruGraham Answers More Seasons Questions!
SimGuruGraham Answers More Seasons Questions!
Thanks to everyone for all of the great questions you submitted prior to, during and after the Maxis Live Broadcast earlier this month. We all wanted to answer another round of your questions that we weren’t able to get to during the live broadcast to try and give you the information you’re looking for about The Sims 3 Seasons.
While we’re really focused on making all the great games we have coming up, we’ll still always try and find time to answer the things that are important to you!
Thanks again, let’s get to them!
1. Do you have to purchase both Supernatural and Seasons at the exact same time in order to have access to the Weather Stone?
No. As long as you have both games and have each one installed, you will have access to the Weather Stone. It unlocks within the game when you have both installed! More details can be found here:http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=459895
2. Will aliens be available in CAS in The Sims 3 Seasons?
You can’t create an alien in CAS, but you will be able to do things like changing their clothes or their hairstyle once you add an alien to your household.
3. Will there be new potions in The Sims 3 Seasons if we have The Sims 3 Supernatural?
There aren’t any new potions as Seasons really focuses on weather, festivals, and brand new holidays. However, players with Supernatural will be able to have their characters interact with the Weather Stone to alter the weather in unique ways.
4. Will NPC’s visit your house on spooky day?
Trick-or-treating is one of the best parts of Spooky Day! Other Sims from around the neighborhood will show up in costumes looking for candy, so be sure to hang out near the door.
5. Will costumes be a new style, like swimwear and every day?
Outerwear is the new clothing category that comes with Seasons. When selecting a costume for Spooky Day, you can choose from a wide variety of costumes for your Sim to instantly change into, or go into CAS and put together a costume from any of the categories for your Sims to wear.
6. Are there any new pool interactions like Marco Polo?
Marco Polo isn’t in Seasons, but we do have the new pool lounger that Sims love to relax on… not only in the pool, but out in the ocean as well!
7. What new music stations will be included?
There’s a great new soundtrack included with Seasons with songs that are being added to the existing radio stations in-game. There’s even the popular Mayzie Grobe song that was used in the announcement video for The Sims 3 Seasons. Check out the latest blog all about the music in the game here: http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog
8. In the trailer I saw the tender kiss from The Sims 2. Did this make it into the game and any other new kisses?
Sims do a variety of new kisses when using the kissing booth. Your Sim’s traits affect which type of kiss they’ll try and pull off… watch out for the slobs!
9. Will evil Sims be able to steal candy from Sims and townies on spooky day? Kind of like how they steal candy from babies?
No stealing candy, but evil Sims (along with a few others) will be able to fulfill the “trick” part of trick-or-treating
10. Can Sims use online dating to cheat on their partners, and if there is an interaction to ask another Sim to remove their dating profile. Also does the slow dance require level 1 of the hidden dancing skill, or can anyone do it?
Online dating is just another method within the game to meet Sims and get a date, so if your Sim wants to use it to cheat on someone they’re able to. Watch out though – if the Sim you message knows you’re in a relationship they might call you out on it. There isn’t a specific interaction to ask another Sim to remove their profile. As for dancing, you can slow dance together without any dancing skill, you just may be a bit clumsy at it. Sims increase their repertoire of slow dance moves as they get better!
11. How will Spooky Day affect Supernaturals? If you have Supernatural installed? Will Supernatural Sims from The Sims 3 Supernatural be able to interact with the weather in different ways than other Sims?
Supernatural characters enjoy Spooky Day as much as any other Sim – including trick-or-treating, throwing costume parties, visiting the haunted house, and more fun fall activities. Your Supernatural Sims will also be able to summon unique weather types in Seasons by using the new Weather Stone object. For example, a Fairy can cause a Reviving Sprinkle in the world that makes flower petals fall from the skies!
12. Will the penguins which randomly appeared in The Sims 2 Seasons be making a return in The Sims 3 Seasons?
Sorry, the penguin won’t be returning in Seasons for The Sims 3.
13. Will the SEASONAL lot marker thing that changes per season work on any lot?
Yes, the new seasonal lot marker can be placed on any lot, both community or residential, to make the lot look different with each season.
14. Could you wear the winter clothing during the summer and so on?
You could certainly wear the new outerwear during the summer if you really wanted to, but it will make your Sims overheat faster if you send them outside in it.
15. Will the weatherman be even more funny?
Everyone loves the weatherman! Expect more hilarious mishaps
16. Will the farm windmill object from Riverview and Appaloosa Plains react to the wind?
The windmill doesn’t specifically react to the wind, but you will see trees sway back and forth, and flags in the world will wave when the wind kicks up.
17. Is there any new equipment for the gym?
18. There’s no new gym equipment, but lots of great activities for active Sims. Soccer, snowboarding, skating, and swimming out in the ocean are all fun to stay busy with!
19. Will the Sims automatically put on winter clothes in winter?
Yes, Sims will automatically change into their outerwear when going outside when it’s cold in the world.
20. Will deer and the other wildlife NPCs stick around during winter?
The various wildlife introduced in Pets do live in the world, they aren’t going anywhere just because there’s some snow on the ground.
21. Could you show us how the blueprints work in the game?
Blueprints are great for people who aren’t comfortable using all the various build mode tools to put their own house together. You’ll be able to select from many different types of rooms, plop the entire room down on a lot, and in less than 30 seconds you can easily have an entire house built.
22. Will random Sim couples on Love Day autonomously be romantic throughout the town?
Love day certainly gets Sims in the mood to be with a special someone. They’ll automatically perform romantic interactions more often, and you’ll find it easier to woo other Sims around town.
23. Will we get businesses that aren’t rabbit holes so our Sims can actually go on a family outing or date?
The festivals during each season are fantastic places to go for both a family outing or a date. There are tons of new objects and activities that groups can do together, including romantic objects such as the love tester for couples on dates.
24. Will there be a way to create curved walls with windows and doors that fit them? What new build/buy objects can builders look forward to in Seasons?
While there are no curved walls in Seasons, there’s lots of fun to be had for people who love to build. Naturally there are tons of new decoratives that fit perfectly with the different seasons, but advanced builders will also be able to decorate their lots to automatically change along with the seasons!
25. Will you guys add some kind of coding to the Game Update that launches with The Sims 3 Seasons that will enable Retirees to receive a percentage of their highest salaries?; rather than the non-existent amount they currently receive.
There aren’t any changes to retirement in Seasons, but your job will keep track of how long you’ve worked there and reward you with work anniversaries now!
26. Why isn’t there going to be a Santa Clause NPC in the game?
Each of the seasons in the game has a brand new holiday that takes place during it. Each of the holidays are unique to the Sims, and the ones they celebrate in the world we live in. We liked the flexibility of taking fun bits from a variety of real world holidays without excluding any of our fans around the world.
27. Why isn’t the gardener returning to The Sims franchise?
While gardening was a big part of Seasons in The Sims 2, for The Sims 3 we added lots of aspects of gardening and harvestable plants to the base game so that everyone could enjoy it. Because of that, gardening wasn’t something we decided to focus on for Seasons.
28. Would we need to upgrade our computers (graphics card) to play this immensely weather filled game?
We aren’t increasing the min spec for Seasons. The new weather effects will scale appropriately to work with your hardware if you meet the minimum requirements.
29. If you have more than one big park in your neighborhood, will a festival populate in each park?
Only one festival appears in each of the worlds. If you’d like to add a second one, you’re welcome to add another through Edit Town mode though!
30. Will there be new items and interactions for babies/toddlers/children? Will we get back the baby changing tables with the ability to change the baby’s diaper and bathe them, thus giving them a more fun and realistic game play?
Babies haven’t been changed in Seasons, but toddlers have a variety of new outerwear to select from to keep them warm when it’s chilly outside. Children have tons of new things they can do… everything from snowboarding and skating, to competing in eating contests, besting other Sims at the Apple Bobbing Tank, going trick-or-treating, and lots more!
31. Will there be any new harvestables such as strawberries or raspberries?
The new harvestable plant in Seasons is pumpkins! You can certainly grow your own, or even pick one from the pumpkin patch at the fall festival to take home. From there you can carve a variety of designs into them for a spooky jack-o-lantern, or make a delicious pumpkin pie.
32. Is there going to be a compost bin?
There isn’t a compost bin. When you rake up leaves in the fall, you’ll be able to dispose of them through the trash, or burn the pile up in a blaze of glory.
33. Will there be new facial slider options?
There are three new facial sliders in Seasons to give aliens a unique look. You’ll find one new ear slider, and two sliders for their eyes.
34. Will the Fall Leaves on the trees in Appaloosa Plains change color with the seasons update when a new season starts or will they always be orange?
For deciduous trees like the ones in Appaloosa Plains, the way they look right now is the same way their leaves will grow in the spring, and how they’ll appear in full bloom during the summer. Of course when fall rolls around you’ll see them change to even brighter yellows, oranges, and reds.
35. I swear I read somewhere that if you go to the beach in jeans and a sweatshirt on a hot summer day, you’ll overheat. So are all the clothes going to be coded? If you wear long sleeves and long pants, will it make you warmer than if you’re wearing shorts and a tank top?
If you wear outerwear in the summer you’ll definitely overheat quicker. If you just pick out any everyday outfit though you’ll be able to stay outside without getting too hot for a normal amount of time.
36. Can you tell me what Sims do on Love Day? I know there is the festival but can we expect our Sims will be doing other things and is there any new romantic outfits for Love Day?
Naturally, love day is filled with romantic moments for the Sims. They’ll actively want to be with their special someone, and everyone’s a little more receptive to romantic advances. Going to the festival even further enhances the spirit of the holiday, as you can kiss other Sims at the kissing booth, use the love tester machine to gauge your couple’s compatibility, and it’s the same day that the spring dance king and queen get crowned!
37. Will there be canning? I really miss that option from The Sims 2, where we could can and juice stuff… I think that would be the perfect opportunity to have a pantry to store items in or a cellar!
While there is no canning in Seasons, we have added some other different food related activities though, like the Feast Party. When you throw one with your friends and family, everyone brings their own dish that they cooked to the party – it’s a big fun potluck!
Views: 395 |
Added by: Egonas
| Rating: 0.0/0||